Monday 28 June 2010

Something I wrote 10 years ago...


“I woke last night, slipping from one reality into a greater one. Dream logic so solid dissolved. Still, metaphors enlarge the conscious like life sometimes gives glimpses of a distant plane; looking back from which the logic of this world seems further removed than a dream from waking.


I had a dream once in which I knew I was dreaming.


All too few are these moments of awareness. More often now I sense these bubbles, wormholes to an overlapping reality, star-shaped windows to the other side of the universe. I try to catch one, but the process of study destroys it and the thin image never burns deep enough for memory or display. I therefore cannot relay these insights to others, or make them see, for they can only be known first hand.


The regret of not being able to hold them individually in the palm of my hand is relieved by knowing that these truths are not rare, but hiding in everyday. Invisible to earth-bound eyes they blanket the dusty ground we walk on and reflect the sunlight from our tears.”


No comments:

Post a Comment