Sunday 22 August 2010

The Day Metallica Came to Church


At the end of the last post I ventured to suggest that church and the kingdom (domain) of God are not the same thing. This has got me thinking...

If God's kingdom cannot be contained by institution, that means that not everything in church is from God. Maybe I've been feeling so sick of it all because I've been consuming everything as a whole and the parts I was never supposed to digest have given me heartburn.

So if I ever venture back into organised religion I will be less shocked when I discover people who do not know God and will focus my energies on finding those who do.

I wonder if I'm brave enough to say that Satan has made it into the four walls of the church and God exists outside of them?

I have just discover a Canadian Pastor called John Van Sloten who has admitted to seeing God out in unreligious places. His book is called "The Day Metallica Came to Church" and a link to his sermon about Metallica is here:

No comments:

Post a Comment